4.1.11

Talking Pictures

February is quickly approaching, and I'm tied to my easel until then. While the show was originally meant to display the talents of three artists, it will now just showcase my work as well as the photography of artist, Erin Riley (based in Toronto). The show is titled "Talking Pictures" and both of our bodies of work compliment each other harmoniously within this theme. I am constantly investigating my relationship to photography and contemporary media as a painter, whereas Riley is a conceptual photographer whose works represent that which is beyond the aesthetic (as I understand it). It stands to be a fascinating show.

Update: As well as my Stereoscopy series, it looks like I will be showcasing some of my older works, including some video.

No comments:

Post a Comment