7.6.10

Some Video


Yeah, so I keep playing around with the title until I find the least cringe-worthy moniker. Not sure I'm there yet.

Digressing from paint for a second, here is a video I did back in March/April. The footage is derived from a 50s television spot for a recreational tranquilizer. I edited the footage frame by frame in After Effects for the following result. I've just included two clips into one video. The original is about 5 minutes long, there's more of a plot, etc.

I hope to do some more video over the summer, though preferably by shooting my own footage. For those who don't know (or haven't heard me gush about it already), archive.org is an eclectic and comprehensive collection of all types of film and video. You can find all sorts of bizarre footage, like cigarette commercials endorsed by physicians and brutally uncomfortable sex ed videos from the 50s. Tread lightly and pace yourself, navigating this website can eat up years of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment