15.8.10

A prize, more press, and the rest

A little while back, my Anonymous Mugshot paintings were awarded the first place prize in the Faces & Figures juried exhibition of the Pacific Art League in Palo Alto, California. Juror and curator Rene de Guzman made the selections for the show and awards.

In other news, I recently discovered some press coverage of the Grimsby Public Art Gallery's 11th Biennial Juried Exhibition: an article from NiagaraThisWeek.com, and a video report by TV Cogeco Ontario. My paintings can be seen at about the 1:20 mark, but the whole video is worth giving a watch.

It's been almost two weeks since I got back from teaching in London with Eaglearts Academy, and I miss my co-workers/new friends dearly. I got live amongst some of the most artistically talented people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. It was also an opportunity to teach international students learning English as their second or third language. I was primarily teaching Adobe Photoshop, without my own computer to teach from, so success in the class was contingent upon linguistic comprehension. This could have been extremely challenging and frustrating, but I was pleasantly surprised by their skill level and overall perseverance. It was really quite admirable.








Finally, laurapayneart.com is currently under construction and will hopefully be up and running by the end of the week. It will include a few new features, including some never-before-seen video work that I've completed in the last few months. Just clips, of course.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the news clip, laura! looking forward to seeing your site when it's up and running

    ReplyDelete